A few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnairgunz09

In Runtime
Hi all my brother in law is giving me a computer pretty soon its a amd athlon(tm) XP 2500+ 1.8 ghz, 512 ram, radeon 9600 im not very good with computers my question is how do i find out what the video card is 64, 128 ect. and also is it possible to upgrade the prossesor its 1.8 is it possible to upgrade higher and is the athlon(tm) XP 2500+ good? thnx alot for any responds

mcnairgunz09 said:
Hi all my brother in law is giving me a computer pretty soon its a amd athlon(tm) XP 2500+ 1.8 ghz, 512 ram, radeon 9600 im not very good with computers my question is how do i find out what the video card is 64, 128 ect. and also is it possible to upgrade the prossesor its 1.8 is it possible to upgrade higher and is the athlon(tm) XP 2500+ good? thnx alot for any responds

I'm pretty sure the 9600 is a 128mb card, kinda outdated, but decent, especially if its a Pro

That CPU is pretty good, you could upgrade up to atleast a 3000+ if your mobo only supports a 333fsb max, if its supports 400fsb, then you cna upgrade to a 3200+, the last CPU in the Athlon XP line;)

Radeon 9600 is the video card's chipset (I think...). Best way to find out what it is without opening the computer is Start > Programs > Acessories > System Tools > System Info

You should be able to find it in there somewhere under Components > Display (I think, not 100% sure).

As for the processor... Athlon, means you've got an AMD board, so don't bother looking for Intel (Pentium, Celeron, etc) processors. I believe your processor uses Socket A. I don't know if your processor is any good (I'm only familiar with Intel ones), but it's probably possible to upgrade your CPU as long as it's a Socket A type. Don't take my word for it though...

thnx alot guys helps alot im sure ill be posting more questions for ya soon does anybody know any good sites were i can learn about computers i dont mean like this is a cd rom i mean like chipsets, prossersors things like that thnx alot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom