I made a few mistakes when I bought my computer, but my mouse was certainly not one of them. It's a 5 button intellimouse and I love it. So here are my questions:
1.)Does anyone know what DPI intellimice 1.1As run at?
2.)I would know it if my optical sensor got gummed up right? How does one go about cleaning them?
3.)How long do mice typically stay in production, in case I want to get a replacement or another one?
4.)Windows recognized the side buttons on my mouse with no special drivers and mapped them as Forward and Back. Now I can't live without them. Do all mice with buttons obviosly for such purpose (like the logictech MX100 I think) allow such driver less configuration, even if the other buttons need drivers? I simply refuse to have special mouse drivers, so these buttons need to work "out of the box"
1. I think it is 800dpi
2. I haven't heard of any optical mouse getting "gummed up"
3. it depends on the manufacturer
4. most mice can run with the generic drivers from Windows, but I thikn since you did get a Microsoft mouse, the drivers for your mouse would have already been included with Windows
1. www.google.com -> _exact mouse name_ dpi rate
2. Just CAREFULLY use a cotton swab.
3. Depends on manufacturer.
4. If there's software that came with it, install it, it can only enhance the performance of the mouse.