feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBarry

In Runtime
ok, just built my first PC, all for about £300, can i have some feedback? i woud liek to know how well it will play doom and half-life 2?

AMD Sempron 2200+ 1.5Ghz (am def going to overclock)
ASRock K7S41GX Motherboard
512mb DDR Ram
80Gb Seagate Barracuda Hard Drive
ATI Radeon 9800SE 256mb (planning to softmod)

not bad, i would've gone with a 9600xt or something, and the sempron's are just slightly crippled xps, but it shouldn't matter too much, overall that's not bad at all, considering that translates to like $500. you should prolly be able to play at 1024x768 with high settings and maybe 2-4x aa after you softmod that SE

well, it's more like 2-2.2 ghz since amds do more with each clock cycle, the 2200+ is basically what it would be equivalent to with intel, you may have some slowdown, but nothing too bad, im guessing maybe 20 sec longer load times then a faster xp. most games rely more heavily on the video card so you should be pretty set. :)

it is a 1.5ghz clock speed, but amds do more work with each clock cycle, it's like a truck carrying 30 tons doing 10 mph versus one carrying 15 doing 20mph so and amd 1.5ghz=intel 2.2ghz, therefore the 2200+ ! :) thats why they have those helpful little numbbers, just move the decimal left three spaces. :D

yer i've bought most of my components from OC....just searched AMD Sempron 2200 in google and planet micro was the first that came up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom