F'd Up? Bad CMOS clear?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChlkDstTtr

Beta member
I hope I didn't screw up my mobo.

I attempted to flash my bios on my Soltek EQ3704 (mainboard SL-B7C-FGR). The flash failed and after numerous recovery attempts I determined I needed to get a reprogrammed bios chip. Hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

However that's not the source of my current neurosis.

During the process of trying to recover I reset my CMOS using the jumper. During one of my resets I accidentally left the jumper in the clear position before attempting to power on. The computer didn't power on, but I'm assuming it put power across my motherboard.

What's the likelihood I screwed it up? Am I going to need a new mobo now, or should I be ok and I'm just having a panic attack?

Thanks for the help.

Josh

Static_11 said:
Well... if there was ANY shocks that went from the jumpers to the mobo then yes... its prolly screwed.. :(

What exactly do you mean by shocks? I know I didn't make contact with the motherboard from any of the pins, but I did leave the jumper on the "clear CMOS" setting. I also didn't move the jumper while the power was on.

Josh

what i meant by shocks is that if you had any static run from your body to the mobo, even a very small touch that you didnt relize, hit something vital on the mobo... its probably gone... anyone else??

Trying to power up your PC with the CMOS jumper in the clear position won't harm your motherboard or any component in your PC. It simply just won't start. No harm, No Foul.

Got my BIOS chip today from Badflash.com. Popped it in, cleared my CMOS, and started up. All I had to do was re-settup my BIOS and then everything was back to normal - plus it had the BIOS version I was trying to flash to.

Thanks for all the help and if you ever need to reprogram or get a new programmed BIOS chip I definitly recomment Badflash.com

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom