Fatal1ty Keyboard Backlighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
Alright well my Lycosa is acting funny and i prefer laptop keys anyways so i went ahead and got my Fatla1ty keyboard back from my sister. I gave it to her because she needed a new keyboard at the time and the back lighting went out. Well, now that i have it (and a few spares) i want to try and fix the back lighting. Does anybody know what could cause it to go out, and have a proposed fix or solution?

I know you can buy other keyboards like it, but i prefer the simplistic approach and size of this keyboard itself. Idc if it has Fatal1ty on it. And i cant afford to buy something else.

Ive taken the keyboard apart. There are a black and red wire than runs from one board to a small power circuitry board that feeds power to the EluminX back board. Now, idk if it is getting power or not because i dont have a meter with me of any kind. The main cable plugs into a small board that is under where the num lock, caps lock, and scroll lock LEDs are. Everything seems to be powered from that. The red and black wire connects to this. Again, no idea if the additional circuit board is getting power or the EluminX area.

I suppose i will postpone this project till we move later today and borrow my dads meter. Its really hard to do electronics testing without knowing if something is getting power or not. I wish it was like my Lycosa and the lights are stuck on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom