Fastra GPU Super Pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricanflow

Golden Master
This thing is crazy, if it ran The Nvidia GPU client it could pull 40,000ppd!!

picinternalxq6.jpg

FASTRA

FASTRA

Its a Crossfire board, and they put 4 9800gx2's, with Folding it doesn't support SLI or Crossfire, so it'll still let you boot if you don't have the bridges on

FASTRA

Specs ^^

so with folding you can use as many GPU's as you can without the bridges? that's interesting...

pretty cool. The guy in the video did kinda sound a bit stupid...well, not stupid. He just kinda went on about stuff that seems to be common sense...like a GPU would process graphic type stuff better.

EDIT: btw, wouldn't the cards get kinda hot with the fans being covered?

Not just folding, anything CUDA.

CUDA doesnt require SLI/Crossfire...the gpu's work independent of each other, side by side actually.

So any board with 4 pci-e slots double spaced can run those.

Also, id like to note that this is a Phenom powered rig, and it was much cheaper to go the AMD route. I was suprised myself, thought it would have been Intel.

Yeah, it gets very hot which is why they used such a large tower and keep the side panel off.

That rig is sick. 4x9800GX2. That makes for 8 GPU's in that thing. What could you possibly want to run other than F@H on there? Nothing requires that amount of GPU power. Just sick....

yea i questioned the AMD thing at first but they said something about the mobo they found that had 4 PCI-E and was double spaced was an AMD board....so that's probably why they went AMD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom