Fastest Socket 7 Processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorsoft

Fully Optimized
My little brother is using an old Dell that has a socket 7 mobo. It curretnly pas a Pentium I 200 mhz in it. Can anyone tell me the fastest processor available for a Socket 7, in case i can find one for cheap? Thanks!

fastest is what he has
even if it wasnt i wouldnt even consider upgrading
i just trashed a 112mhz p1 scrapped it for some cables and a cd rom drive

Well some ppl dont like to give kids bigger computers. i remember i started on a P1 133mhz that i OCd to 150 but my dad had a celeron 366mhz layin around. Gotta realize some ppl gotta start some where. DOsent the K6-2 fit in the socket 7? if so isnt it 500mhz?

i wouldnt think it would cuz of amd and pentium differences
plus didnt the k62 come out like two years later

Theres a 233 Pentium Socket 7 and a Amd K6-2 500 I believe. You'd probably want to check you motherboard manual to see if the K6-2 500 is compatible. More than likely its is.. but just to be on the safe side.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Yeah you can put a K6-2 in their, just get the voltages right

depends on whether or not that mobo is super socket 7 compatible, it might not be, if it isnt, he may get a P1 233mhz, maybe, it might not support that either

I never knew their was other dependencies, thanks

Im not the best with this kinda stuff, last time I was switching around 10 year old CPU's, i forgot the voltage wernt in the BIOS

depends on whether or not that mobo is super socket 7 compatible, it might not be, if it isnt, he may get a P1 233mhz, maybe, it might not support that either
yea i forgot about that, had that happen to me as well. meh cant win em all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom