Fastest Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope that when PCI express comes out, i can get a good PCI express card for around $200 or less (like a version of the 9800xt for pci express) since ill have to buy a new motherboard

Northbridge said:
I do think that ATI's 9800XT has the advantage for now.I agree with Kangaroo,I'm really hoping the 6800 will beat the X800XT.

From the looks of it, the 6800 Ultra should beat the X800XT. But i doubt it would beat the X880XT.

WQ87 said:
From the looks of it, the 6800 Ultra should beat the X800XT. But i doubt it would beat the X880XT.

Are you guys getting ahead of yourselves here? It's still a month till the X800XT is even released:p

EDIT:
ATI'S R420 based Radeon X800 range is set to be introduced tomorrow.
And if you thought Nvidia's recently launched GeForce 6800 Ultra (NV40) was incredibly rapid – which it definitely is, and impressively so – hold on to your hats for the ATI Radeon X800XT, er well, no, not the Radeon X800XT.

All is definitely not as it seems in the battle of 3D graphics marchitecture, and the product being analysed by hardware reviewers everywhere is in fact named the Radeon X800XT Platinum.

In contradiction to earlier reports, the ATI reference boards seeded to hardware reviewers, and clocked at 520MHz VPU and 560MHz memory, will be called the XT Platinum range.

Indeed specs of 'vanilla' Radeon X800XT seem as yet unconfirmed, so on Tuesday the line up will run from 12x pipeline Radeon X800PRO to 16x pipeline Radeon X800XT Platinum.

Numerous reports indicate that the Radeon X800XT Platinum is quicker overall, and by some margin, than the initial Nvidia GeForce 6800 Ultra reference boards that have been reviewed.

Quicker everywhere that is except, we understand, in OpenGL where GeForce 6800 Ultra and Nvidia's superior OpenGL ICD decidedly has its measure.

But it's with Direct3D games like Far Cry - ironically much promoted by Nvidia under its The Way it's Meant To Be Played programme, and being rolled out as one of the first Pixel Shader 3.0 (PS 3.0) games where PS 2.0 Radeon X800XT Platinum shines the most.

Indeed we understand that at a resolution of 1280x1024 with 4xAA (Anti-Aliasing) and 8xAF (Anisotropic Filtering), with all the eye-candy on max, X800XT Platinum can easily sustain an average of more than 47FPS on a system based around an AMD Athlon 64 FX 51.

As we reported earlier Nvidia has been rushing around to reinvent it's flagship 3D accelerator – previously reviewed as the GeForce 6800 Ultra - as an even higher-clocked GeForce 6800 Ultra Extreme. No doubt, this rather predictable kneejerk reaction has been based upon the extremely positive feedback to Nvidia from friendly journalists on the performance of ATI's forthcoming Radeon X800XT Platinum.

But, as we reported earlier, availability of GeForce 6800 Ultra is limited and GeForce 6800 Ultra Extreme, frankly non-existent, though we can elucidate further on this.

The suggested 200 pieces of GeForce 6800 Ultra Extreme mentioned in our earlier story are very likely to be the projected limit of allocation to the likes of graphics overclocking meisters Gainward, and maybe new boy XFX, but we have also learned that very limited numbers of 6800 Ultra Extreme will be supplied to three particular US systems integrators who focus on the enthusiast and gaming markets: Alienware, Falcon PC and of course the really l33t Voodoo PC.

That said, samples of even Radeon X800XT are not exactly as common as muck, and it seems that apart from seemingly 'special sampling circumstances' by ATI's PR engine in Muenchen, the whole of the trusted UK Press has no more than two 16x pipeline boards to juggle between them all. µ

An interesting read from TheInquirer.com:)

one more week! one more week! one more week! one more week! one more week! YAY cant wait for those lower prices OMG. this means more money into RAM ^^

are you seriuse it will be one more week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom