Which is faster?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ciroalb

Baseband Member
I´d like to know which one is faster...2 7200RPM HD´s in Raid, or a single 10,000RPM?

Okay, thank´s about that info...what I´d like to know now is which is the best HD...Seagate, Maxtor, WD or Samsung??

It all basically depends on preferance, some people think that the Samsung SATA drives are damn good, but I am sure that most people on these forums will agree that WD makes the best SATA drives. Choice is up to you.

Personally I would go with WD, they are pretty quiet drives, they last long and I have never had a problem with them. Now Maxtor drives on the other hand I have had a problem with all of their 40GB ones....

Maxtor are teh worst drives ever made

WD or Seagate is the way to go

Remeber Raid 0 which you want to use, your change of data loss is multiplied by 2, if one hard drive goes, so do the files on the other

I have a Seagate Barracuda 120GB SATA and it's very good, and very quiet. The Western Digital IDE that I have runs a lot hotter though.

This NCQ garbage on the Seagate's is supposed to really increase the performance and speed of your drive. Comparing it to the old 7200 rpm on my Dell, it was nearly 75% quicker, but then again, how fast could that ol' Dell possibly be.

I would have to suggest Seagate with NCQ (Native Command Queue. You can find out more at the Seagate website, but in a nutshell, it's supposed to handle the drive more dynamically when working with it, resulting in faster access. For the 300GB 7200RPM NCQ Seagate I have, I have to say, I didn't notice a difference in loading Far Cry between me and my cousin who has a 10000RPM Raptor.

you can have raid 0+1 but you would need like 4 drives and you would get the same storage as 2 drives in raid 0 but would get mirroring of raid 1 also

baronvongogo said:
leave maxtor alone i make love to my hard drive every night and he causes me little or no pain go maxtor!

I can't say that Maxtor hardrives are bad, but I certainly can say that there is better. Maybe Maxtor drivers are good for their price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom