fans turn on but nothing else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dwhite528

Baseband Member
I just build a computer from an old nlx motherboard, and now it won't turn on no beeps from the bios, but the fans do turn on when i push the power button. The wierd thing is that this happend before, but all i had to do was reset it and it was fine.

normally, I'de say that your Video card isnt all the way in socket. You might also want to re-seat the processor and RAM. If that doesnt work, Ide try to test each part by putting it temporarily in another system to see if it works.

Good Luck

I'm pretty sure that it is the cpu. I have no other socket 1 computers to test it in (pentium 2), but when i take it out and then try to start the system the fans go on again but nothing else. What do you think is it for sure the cpu?

No, its the motherboard, it's no good. This was a problem for me either buy a new motherboard or get a new computer.

This happened to me once, I unplugged and then plugged everything back in and it worked. You might as well give it a try.

are the fans plugged into the motherboard or the PSU? and by fans do you just mean the case and PSU fans, or is the fan on the CPU going as well?

sithspawn said:
are the fans plugged into the motherboard or the PSU? and by fans do you just mean the case and PSU fans, or is the fan on the CPU going as well?
that's a good point, sometimes people have their fans plugged into their motherboards so if it dies, the fans usually do not operate. but if you have your fans plugged into your power supply, they will turn on regardless of whether your motherboard is working or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom