Fan Spinning Wrong Way - Page 6 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 05-01-2005, 12:28 AM   #51 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Probably wouldn't work man. It really depends on the fan IMO. Think of a snow showel.

EDIT: hopefully it's not a confusing analogy.. :-\

Old 05-01-2005, 12:31 AM   #52 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Clarify that.

Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt.
Old 05-01-2005, 12:38 AM   #53 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

nubius seems to know his ****, i havent seen him say anything ignorant or stupid yet. which is always a good thing.
lol yeah, I have made mistakes, just the other day I apologized to doomUK for thinking that Ultra mode in doom3 controlled AA, but it controlled AF instead, DOH! stupid mistake on my part. but my's fans! lol
Old 05-01-2005, 03:27 AM   #54 (permalink)
Chillin Techie

some fans will blow backward if you reverse polarity. however they really don't make that type of fan anymore. these new fans don't do it
The Ultimate Hard Drive Utility PowerMax 4.23. (It now has the ability to clean a Boot Sector virus on the quick erase option.)
The best browser Netscape 8
Have you accidently delete something? Look here (trial. the better one) and here(free)
Old 05-01-2005, 10:12 AM   #55 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Clarify that.
I think what he's getting at is that a fan is built to spin in one direction, and even if you can reverse the direction it's meant to spin it, it won't work as efficently.

It's the same sense as a snow shovel, it's made so only one side clears the snow away, flipping the shovel part around and trying to shovel will prove to be less effective.
Intel C2D E6320 / AMD Athlon X2 3800+
Gigabyte 965P DS3 / DFI nF4 Ultra-D
2GB OCZ Gold PC2-6400 / 2GB OCZ Gold PC4000
eVGA 8800GTS 320MB / eVGA 6800GS 256MB
150GB Raptor / 74GB Raptor
2x500GB / 320GB
OCZ GameXStreme 850w / OCZ StealthXStream 600w
Old 05-01-2005, 10:29 AM   #56 (permalink)
True Techie

Originally posted by Nubius
Dude your first post says the fan is blowing on the processor........ How many systems have you taken apart and looked at the fans? I have never in my life come across a fan that sucks air from the processor and I've taken apart quite a few systems varying from AMD, Intel, newer models and older models of both and like I said even the CPU in an X-Box
no i meant i've never seen a fan blow on a processor EXCEPT THIS ONE! i've taken apart a total of 5 (oh big number i know lol) but i've never paid attention to which way the fan blows except in 2 of the 5.

Closed Thread