Fan Spinning Wrong Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably wouldn't work man. It really depends on the fan IMO. Think of a snow showel.

EDIT: hopefully it's not a confusing analogy.. :-\

nubius seems to know his shit, i havent seen him say anything ignorant or stupid yet. which is always a good thing.
lol yeah, I have made mistakes, just the other day I apologized to doomUK for thinking that Ultra mode in doom3 controlled AA, but it controlled AF instead, DOH! stupid mistake on my part. but my god.........it's fans! lol

some fans will blow backward if you reverse polarity. however they really don't make that type of fan anymore. these new fans don't do it

Clarify that.
I think what he's getting at is that a fan is built to spin in one direction, and even if you can reverse the direction it's meant to spin it, it won't work as efficently.

It's the same sense as a snow shovel, it's made so only one side clears the snow away, flipping the shovel part around and trying to shovel will prove to be less effective.

Nubius said:
Dude your first post says the fan is blowing on the processor........ How many systems have you taken apart and looked at the fans? I have never in my life come across a fan that sucks air from the processor and I've taken apart quite a few systems varying from AMD, Intel, newer models and older models of both and like I said even the CPU in an X-Box

no i meant i've never seen a fan blow on a processor EXCEPT THIS ONE! i've taken apart a total of 5 (oh big number i know lol) but i've never paid attention to which way the fan blows except in 2 of the 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom