Fan Spinning Wrong Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
fans dont suck ever!!! they just blow the other direction. nothing in the universe does they just create a vaccum lol
science skills

oh and ^what the hell?!?!?above post makes no sense

charles_scott said:
Hes never said that i was wrong once at all....

I never said that he did.

Nubius, do us all a favor...

Use your mod priveleges and close this topic.

LOL

I agree with the concept of having slightly more exhaust then intake. I have a Thermaltake Xaser III tower, they advertise 7 fans, but the computer actually has a total of 9. All the Intake fans are as follows... two front, one on top, two on side. Then there are two exhaust fans on the back. Then you have two fans for the PSU. One that sucks air into the PSU from WITHIN the case, then the exhaust out the back, so I guess technically both fans can be considered exhaust on the PSU, as they both work to remove air from the case. So 5 intake, 4 exhaust. I would imagine that would keep my case nice and cool. My mobo was fried by my friend while installing my parts into this tower, so I can only assume for now. I would think this is true however.

2 fans blowing together working together blow 4 times as much air than 1 fan. 1fan blowing in and 1 blowing out barely blows more than 1 fan.

that is just a fact that has always been. now you would have to add 2 more fans for it to blow 4 times as much in the next setup.
Are you talking about fans stacked right ontop of each other or literally side by side? If you're talking stacked, that's not 4 times as much dude, 2 fans stacked isn't even 2 times as much air it's about 1 and a half times as much power.

Basically I'm saying if both fans are say 50CFM, combining them from what I gather from you're saying, you are saying it'd be 200CFM total.....it'd be like....75+ CFM total, wouldn't even be 100CFM for that matter, I've had them stacked in a case before and it's nowhere near 4 times lol.

I never said that he did.

Nubius, do us all a favor...

Use your mod priveleges and close this topic.
lol I quit being a mod over two weeks ago, pretty much because of things like this. People argueing over frivelous things that are really easy to answer.

Simple task: Go find a reputable aftermarket cooler than has the fan sucking air.........you aint gonna find it lol

Rouen - to get technical you'd need all the CFM of each fan and I believe thermaltake has a combination of both 80mm and 92mm fans in their case so that'd make a difference as well.

hmmm...never expected this thread to turn out like this. hey, i seek your advice nubius because you're THE BEST (as in, most experienced) person here. i'm just saying that MY fan sucks air away. i've never known any different. i have NEVER seen a cpu fan that blows on the processor. then again, i've never really paid attention to it until i built my first computer, which is the one i'm using now. this other one i'm building is only my second.

All the fans in the computer are 80mm according to the specs.... but I think I'm still ok.

aspire.comptech said:
fans dont suck ever!!! they just blow the other direction. nothing in the universe does they just create a vaccum lol
science skills

maybe this topic need to be close. this guy just said 2 stupid things.

aspire.comptech said:
they just blow the other direction. science skills

what is the air doing on the other side of the fan? Clue, it's not blowing air in the other direction

aspire.comptech said:

if you don't understand it, either ask a question or shut up.
research it. that stupid comment was uncalled for.

I've researched fan. before I was into computer I installed car audio for a living. amps get hot. they had the same misconceptions about fans then. that 1 air in and 1 air out kept the heatshrink cooler than 2 side by side.
we ran tests to prove which theories was true and which wasn't using an o'scope and spl meters among other things. we also moniter the amps tempature while sending unclipped sine waves to amp making it reach full power continously (if the real world the amp won't get this hot as music has peak and dips) while different fan setups was hook up to them.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. 2 fan in conjunction move 4x as much air as 1 fan

you need to run some tests, before you open your mouth

i have NEVER seen a cpu fan that blows on the processor.
Dude your first post says the fan is blowing on the processor........ How many systems have you taken apart and looked at the fans? I have never in my life come across a fan that sucks air from the processor and I've taken apart quite a few systems varying from AMD, Intel, newer models and older models of both and like I said even the CPU in an X-Box

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom