Fan Spinning Wrong Way

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobafett573

In Runtime
hey i recently posted about my new AMD Duron 1.8Ghz processor that is idling at 50 degrees and when working it gets up to 65 degrees. i thought something was wrong because that is HOT! I looked in my case and, low and behold, my cpu fan was blowing air ONTO the processor instead of sucking the heat AWAY! Are there fans that are meant to blow air onto the processor? that seems quite ineffective to me. what should i do? i'm building this computer for a friend so i really don't want to break it by burning out the cpu.

oh and btw, this is the fan that i'm using CPU Fan

It's a duron, arn't their max temp 80 celcious?

Honestly, it's an old chip that's worth nothing, a new heatsink costs more than the chip. Dont really worry about it, if it dies, it dies.

lol my friend will be happy to hear that. i've kept my motherboard set to shut off the computer after the temperature reaches 65 degrees so it always shuts down. it only seems to do that when i'm installing programs and using the hard drive a ton. i guess i'll just go and change the bios and set it to shut down at 75 or something. i did get the processor for $20 though lol.

No your processor is definately running too hot by about 10celcius . Don't turn your fan around, it's supposed to blow onto the heatsink. Try using artic silver ceramique and also get a better heatsink/ fan. something like this:

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835106037

35-106-037-03.JPG

im likin the way that heatsink looks. I think i may just order that... if it gets good feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom