fan solderd to little board behind psu

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoneWolf

Baseband Member
Got a new power supply going to replace fan in the back of it with a delta fan but I

noticed something about the fan inside the power supply box itÂ’s soldered to the little

board inside so can I just wiggle it out and remove it? Will that be a problem maybe a fire

hazard if I do? and when I do that id like to bring the power cord around the front and

plug it into a fan controller is that ok? IÂ’m just not used to dealÂ’n with power supply issues IÂ’ve never delt with them much.

Is the other fan broken? If not, leave it. If so, cut the power wires and splice them. Don't break it at the soldered joint. Splice the wires and wrap them in some heat shrinking joint connector or use a lot of electrical tape.

Just remember, those PSU's aren't meant to be modified by the layman.

Ryan

PSU's are some of the least complicated thing's on a computer, easy to work with and solder new fans in.

Thanks you guys you all have been a great help the fanÂ’s arenÂ’t dead but they run lower

then 1500rpm and I donÂ’t like that besides that IÂ’m a delta fan Litterly everything that

revolves around coolÂ’n when it comes to fans I say it has to be a triple blade delta high

proforcemnce fan or nothing I guess for me its all about the brand like my soda I am a

Pepsi manÂ…anybody else like that around here however this doesnÂ’t mean I donÂ’t give

other brands a chance anybody else know of some really bad ass fans out there with high CFM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom