Fan question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quintox

Daemon Poster
First build, doing alright so far. But where do I put the case fan?? Also, the fan has 2 cables coming out from it, where do they plug? One of them fits into a "slot" from another cable coming out of the PSU, but I dunno what to do with the other.

Thanks.

It may just have 2 different option for plugging the fan in. I'm guessing if one of them is plugged in it will work. The advantage of the small connector that plugs into the motherboard is that in the bios you can probably read the fan speed depending on the brand of your motherboard and fan.

I've never been sure on that, does 12v get piped into those fan connectors on the motherboard?

I've got an Akasa fan atm with both and I have em both plugged in cos thought you had to, but the older fan I had in was a 12v fan and it didn't have the extra molex connector - seems they must get the 12v then. But I suppose it will come in handy if one of them fails. :D

I dunno, its a case fan, looks 120mm, but I dont know b/c I've never seen a fan before (no kidding).

Where do I put it though? I think I'll just sticky tak the fan inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom