Fan Noise levels...

Status
Not open for further replies.

majistic

Daemon Poster
I need to buy a case fan.. I dont know how loud 20 dB or 30dB is, but I want one that is damn near all the way quiet so you cant hear it..what is a good noise level something like 25dB ?

20-30 is about as quiet as you're going to get and still have airflow.. Checkout the vantec stealth series.

25 is ok. I have 2 on my case that are 25dB (if I recall correctly) plus the PSU fan, the vga fan, and the CPU fan. I dont find it to be very noisy at all. It might be a different story if the computer is in a room that you sleep in, though. If you sleep in the same room as the comp, aim for 20-21dB.

20db is silent, 30db is a low hum. 40 db you can hear pretty loud. 50 db is unbearable for most except those that get vantec tornadoes because they want super good cooling and they actually like the noise. 60 db is run for the hills because the walls are going to fall in.

0 The softest sound a person can hear with normal hearing

10 normal breathing

20 whispering at 5 feet

30 soft whisper

50 rainfall

60 normal conversation

110 shouting in ear

120 thunder

although i can't hear 0dBs b/c i have a hearing deficiancy but yanno lol it's so bad in my left ear that most of the time if i have headphones on i have to adjust the balance so that it sounds right lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom