Fan needed!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regulus

Daemon Poster
I need a new case and CPU fan/heatsink (I guess it's a fan/heatsink). The case fan sounds all messed up and the CPU is loud and annoying, and I don't like it's cooling ability. I just get nervous seeing my CPU temp at like 58C, but it's mainly the noise that bugs me.
So, can someone please provide me a link(s) for:

1. (I think) 80mm case fan
2. socket 478 P4 fan

With:

1. superb airflow
2. excellent RPM
3. really quiet

Thanks.

Ohhhhhhhhh...I see how that adapter thingy works....you screw it to the 80mm hole and you can put a 120mm there...right?

Can you find a decent CPU fan?

oh and on the second link...which number did you select?(there's a list of fans...which 1 did you choose?)

well, i actually didn't buy from the links above, I just provided links to what I have in my setup.
I used the 120mm as my CPU fan, but it has to be connected to a molex connector. I had my window fan connected to the CPU fan plug in on the mobo so that the computer doesn't spit back an error of no CPU fan and shut down on me.
I got all my fans and assessories from a Fry's electronics store (I love that place!!!)

I got a vantec tornado...it is indeed loud as hell, but I have a sunbeam rheobus fan controller so its no problem cause I only turn it up when gaming. The little duct mods can work good and get some good airflow. Volcano 12 supposed to be a good heatsink and fan combo, although I've personally never had one.

What about the Vantec Stealth? I was given a link to a fan of that sort...are they any good?
I'm too tired and lazy to look, but how loud is 35 decibles? I'd like a CPU and chassis fan that is no more than that loud.
Nubius, what do you mean, "duct mods"?

definately the Thermaltake CL-P0025, because its more quiet and moves much more air than the other one, and i recon the heatsink would probably be better with the thermaltake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom