FAILED technologies of the previous decade

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
The high-tech evolves at unbelievable pace. What seemed to be innovative and forward looking yesterday becomes outdated and obsolete today. In this editorial we are taking a look at technologies and product categories that either did not succeed to become mainstream, failed to develop further or turned out to become out of date in the first ten years of the 21st century and attempt to understand the reasons for their failure.

Not Survived: Failed Technologies of the Decade - X-bit labs

Very good read. Even though they sad AGP has been replaced AGP will never really die :p

Edit: If a mod could so kindly fix my spelling mistake in the title. It should be decade. It's 12:30AM right now :crazy:

An excellent read indeed.

I wasn't shocked with some of the stuff in there though.

Yeah, I really wasn't surprised at the failure of PhysX and that dedicated card.

Interesting read.

However I don't agree with what they were saying about Serial Ports. I do point of sales and cash registers, they I don't trust USB in those situations.

Interesting read.

However I don't agree with what they were saying about Serial Ports. I do point of sales and cash registers, they I don't trust USB in those situations.

Was going to make the same comment myself. RS232 is still being used today and isn't going to go too far away just yet. We were pleased that the new HP laptops at work have serial again.

both interesting an educational for me.

i finally know wtf was up with rdram.

dont really see how barebones pcs were a technology at all though. seems to me that its basically just a bundle of parts you could get off the shelve at a discount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom