Extremely high ping in CS:source (and other fps)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bibagod

Beta member
Hi,
i have a big problem with the ping in CS:source. When i'm in the serverlist, the ping is ok/good(~35 for the best ones), but when i join one of those servers, a) it seems to take very long to connect, but i dont know if it's unusually long, b) i get a very high ping, ~250, when i connect and the ping even goes up if i play and is then between 250-500.
I had a similar, but not so extreme problem, when i played rtcw:et. I had a ping of ~100 when it should be ~60(not completely sure about those numbers, since its some time ago since i played rtcw:et) If i ping anything with windows, this problem does not appear, it only appears in fps apparently. The Problem also does not appear if i play a rts, like wc3..
It's definitely not a server problem, other players on the servers i tried had good pings, i always had the highest of all.
The Game itself runs smooth, i had ~70 fps on the graphics test and hl2 runs smooth...

It also shouldn't be a provider problem(not entirely sure though ;) ), cause i use the biggest provider in germany, and i haven't heard of anyone with the same problem yet.

I have Windows XP, but i dont have SP2 installed, can this be the problem? Cause if not, I'd rather not install it ^^

Operating System: Windows XP
Connection: T-DSL (768 kbs down/128 kbs up) with fastpath(=> no interleaving)
Networks card: Nvidia nForce MCP Networking Controller (onboard LAn from the Asus A7N8X)
I have Raspppoe installed

What i did so far to try to solve the problem:
Uninstall Protowall driver(=>http://www.bluetack.co.uk/modules.p...=showpage&pid=2 (protowall))=> no effect at all, so i reinstalled it ^^
Close all other Apps using the inet=> no effect
Change the netsettings of counterstrike to what is supposed to be best for my connection=> no effect

Any advice on waht i should do? maybe a way to figure out what the real problem is?

Help is much appreciated <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom