Extreme Difficulty setting up wireless printer+ 2 PCS.... Ohh gaaahd

Status
Not open for further replies.

juh-may-uh-kun mon

Beta member
Hi!

I've A brother HL-22580DW Wireless Printer, and two HP desktops (Both running Win7).

Desktop 1- via cable modem and router (Belkin),
Desktop 2- feeding off the routers broadcast,

I've gone through the documentation and a whole bunch of loops trying to figure out how to set it up. I experience great difficulty.

PC 1-There's a wireless setup wizard on the printer itself, that scans for SSIDs. The printer sees the router,
and instructs me to push the 'WPC' button on the router, which I do. I head back over to the printer, confirm (ok)
it attempts to connect, but it always says " Connection Failed ", prints out an error sheet stating
that there is no wireless access point or router with "WPC" enabled.

i was informed to "ad hoc" and enable the "WLAN" option on the printer, then denoting its own settings, giving it a name,
( for testing purposes no password). This was a success.

PC 2- with the wireless adapter, it "sees" the printer, but when i connect to it the wireless bars
are never stabilized ( bars appear, blue circle revolves) and while that occurs, I'm able to print from this computer
but i'm forced to disconnect from the routers broadcast, leaving that computer netless, and still the connection never
appears to be "stabilized".

When messing with computer one,
The printer never "sees" the Belkin router though it recognizes the SSID prior. with the second printer, I can print documents
but I lose net connectivity switching over to the wireless printers broadcast, and the bars at the bottom right aren't 'stabilized'.

I've tried disabling the firewall, on both computers, and within the router itself

I've been at this for about 4 hours and now I've a migraine, I need help because I'm trying to help a good friend
establish a network within his tax business.

Please help

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom