Which (External) Hard Drive should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anything made by SEAGATe is good to go. Relatively cheap as well. And reliable. You can even format your own OS on it, and boot from it as well (provided your motherboard etc. is compatible with it) What you really want to do, is check what type of motherboard your have, etc. and than see if your motherboard and everything else is compatible with that type of HD. Why you may ask? Simple, that will dictate if your EHD goes AWOL, or if you end up with any errors etc. down the road. So far, I haven't come across a Motherboard that rejected a SEAGATE, but by how many brands are out there, I wouldn't be surprised. You want an HD you can hard boot from. Even if it will never see the light of day in being used in that manner. that's the only way you can make sure that, that hard drive will work without any issues what-so-ever whether now, or in the late future. Once you've figured out what type of Motherboard you've got, double check and see if that HD is compatible with it. It will end up communicating a LOT when you're uploading movies into it. Data can get currupted if your motherboard and the EHD don't work well together. (it happens, rare, but it happens)

ET, he isn't planning to boot with it. He needs external drive storage space. It is a neat concept, but for school, not needed.

External drives are plug and play. Just like hard drives. You connect them and go. Doesn't matter what motherboard.

Everything happens, ET, it's just a matter of when and how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom