External hard disk

Status
Not open for further replies.
New external hard drives use USB 2.0, Firewire, etc. These devices are immediately recognized by Windows XP and 2000 as soon as they're connected. Doesn't Linux support this? I thought it would since it uses the same kernel as XP and 2000. I don't use myself.

jorsoft03 said:
New external hard drives use USB 2.0, Firewire, etc. These devices are immediately recognized by Windows XP and 2000 as soon as they're connected. Doesn't Linux support this? I thought it would since it uses the same kernel as XP and 2000. I don't use myself.

Oh my f*ckign god.

Linux and Windows NT are not only different. I nthe software world, they're basically opposites!
Linux is built on the Unix kernel, it's nothing then a command line operatisg system running a graphic interface.

Windows 2000/XP use nearly the same kernal, the NT5.xxx kernal. But when it comes to graphical performence, i think the XP kernel outskills the older 2000 kernal.

So Linux has nothing similar in the way it's kernel works compared with Windows.(ofc some parts are ripped from each other)

hang on what are you talking about, they are completly different. Windows have made an atempt at a copy on the unix kernal, thay are not the same, even in the sightest. You have heard the word 'kernal' and instantly thought that they are the same thing, easy mistake I supose :eek:

Anyway, does anyone know of anything out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom