expert comments only please

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragondima

Solid State Member
Alright i have a little project i'm planning to do. I want to transfer all of my VHS to DVD threw my computer. I own a Radeon 9200se and i'm a fairly good computer user. i build computers on a pretty good bases. I have a dvd burner obviously but i need a way that i can transfer/connect a VHS onto my computer. I'm shooting for $50 at the max. All i need is a way to connect my VSR to my computer to send the video information to my hardrive. i need a program suggestion and a way to transfer audio and data to my PC. Any help would be HIGHLY appreciated. thank you Also if u have any links please send it to my email address Ddrgnmstr1@comcast.net i know this isn't an easy one to answer if ur not already accosiated with this kind of work.

Check out www.newegg.com they have some pretty nice PCI capture cards for less than $50

That's what you need, and then you can plug in your VCR either by Coax or RCA (yellow, white, and blue) which would give you the best image quality (RCA) then you can play the movie on your VCR and capture the video to your hard drive through the capture card. Once you have the video file, probably .avi, just burn it to a DVD like you would any other movie.

yup pci av capture card will do the trick. MYself i like the pinnacle dvd500 dvd capture break out box. But it gets a little pricey. But there is analog capture cards out there for cheap. Any video editing program will work to capture it to your hard drive also.

thanks for ur responces but sad to say i've not learned anything new. i know all of this already(to be honest i didn't know it was called a capture card) more specific places to find this would be highly appreciated

I've been hearing a lot of people using the ADS Instant DVD 2.0 Video Capture Device. This seems very easy to setup. I helped a friend set it up (he was a little timid). But all I ended up doing was drinking his beer.....it was so easy to setup that he was able to do all the work no problem. Just connected the VCR to the adapter through the RCA cables and then made the USB connection to his PC. It comes with a software piece, but instead of using it's proprietary piece, you can use Pinnacle, Adobe Premier, etc......whatever you are already familiar with.
These deivces are not cheap (this one sells for between $100 and $150) but you can either look on ebay for a used piece or check for a cheaper brand name.

-Mike

thanks for the posts i appreciate the help i have not bought anything yet i'm still trying to learn everything i can bout this. $100 is a pretty high price i'll look for a cheaper price of course. Not to sound cocky or anything but i'm well known for building a lot of computers so the connection is no problem for me it's getting it, well thanks for the posts and keep posting please i'm learning a lot from u guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom