eVGA 6600GT on the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Oh yeah! After getting the bigwater january instead of the 6600GT I finally was able to get the 6600GT now! Can't wait for it to come and you best BELIEVE I'll be overclocking it ;)

I'm not big for benches though, so I don't have any 'before and after' benches for anybody, soooo tough luck :)

I do remember getting like 3K in 3dmark03 I believe and like 20k in aquamark03 so perhaps I'll run those two and see what I get. I just know it will be a nice upgrade from this FX 5700 that is crapping out on me. Beh! I'll never buy chaintech again. First card died, RMA'd it, now this card only been 6 months or so is already dying. Worthless!

lol yeah. In my world it's a nice piece of hardware although I can already here the people 'GET THE 6800GT..DO IT!! GET IT!!!'

oh well...tis the life of that with no funds :) It's taken me months just to get my system this good, and being that it's socket A people would still call it crap :p

Oh well I'll put it against any AMD64 up to 2.3GHz with mine at 2.5GHz.....beyond that I'm gonna have to step down :D

Can't wait for this thing. And S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is supposed to come out this month. That game looks INSANE. Better than HL2 graphics type insane :D

First of all, Congrats Nubius.
Second of all, this is like the first post(s) i've seen of yours that show anything but pure techinal data.
Third of all don't complian about how slow your computer is...mine isn't fast enough to run DVDs
Finally, i apologize for critizing a leet moderator like nubius...

AGP interface I assume? That's a bit of a risky move, I assume you won't hang onto your mobile system for more than a year, and although AGP is still fine, PCI-E just seems like the better choice, it's cheaper and faster, but whatever floats your boat.

What games are you looking to play?

Looks like Nubius is looking forward to playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and HL2, but that's only reading between the lines.

AGP interface I assume? That's a bit of a risky move, I assume you won't hang onto your mobile system for more than a year, and although AGP is still fine, PCI-E just seems like the better choice, it's cheaper and faster, but whatever floats your boat.
AGP will still be good for a year or two. There's absolutely no way I can afford to get a whole new motherboard, PCI-E card, possibly DDR2 RAM if that ever becomes standard and a 64bit CPU, that's requiring a few hundred that I just dont have.

I will be playing todays games, and of course future games like that one STALKER I was talking about.

So basically I won't be looking to upgrade for ATLEAST a year, and that's the bare minimum if not more. Gonna wait for longhorn to come out and be nice and stable, and then get up on the dual core 939's :D

First of all, Congrats Nubius.
Second of all, this is like the first post(s) i've seen of yours that show anything but pure techinal data.
Third of all don't complian about how slow your computer is...mine isn't fast enough to run DVDs
Finally, i apologize for critizing a leet moderator like nubius...
lol I'm in no way complaining about it being 'slow' I think it performs very fast for my needs. I've put a lot of money and effort into building this machine and I love it. Unlike these people who are posting 'Is it me, or does the 6800Ultra suck?' and trying to completely max out the settings on a game like doom3 which was made to surpass the power of even the greatest cards.

When did you ever criticize me? :p I don't recall....musta been behind my back! Scoundrel! :D Kidding of course.

Gaara, im getting a AGP X800 XT sometime this week. Nothing is wrong with AGP, thats like hurring up and getting 64 bit cpus. Still awhile before PCI Express desolates AGP.

I dident notice this thread earlier. Man, i cant wait intil you get that baby, this weekend you'll be injoying it. Man, i totaly understand how it is with no funds. Its been to long, i want my system up finally. I should be getting that money this weekend. I hope the 6600's ClockCore speed can increase alot. That would really help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom