Not open for further replies.

Counter-Strike

Daemon Poster
I am getting an 8x AGP eVGA 6600GT 128MB, and there are only 2 requirements:

350W PSU

And

"An available 4-pin Molex hard drive power dongle"

What the hell is that?

the only reason you're getting confused is probably because of the word 'power dongle'

You don't know what your 4pin molex connectors are? They power every drive in your case after all with the exception of the floppy which is smaller.

If I remember correctly, my 6800GT came with a 4pin moltex to PCI-Express converter, so if EVGA packages the 6600GT like the 6800GT, then you will be able to plug your card in if you have a free moltex connector availible. I'm 99% sure you will if you only run 1 hard drive and 1 cd rom drive.

Hacp said:
If I remember correctly, my 6800GT came with a 4pin moltex to PCI-Express converter, so if EVGA packages the 6600GT like the 6800GT, then you will be able to plug your card in if you have a free moltex connector availible. I'm 99% sure you will if you only run 1 hard drive and 1 cd rom drive.
Really? My eVGA 6800 GT is powered by the 6-pin, not a molex.

yes, but it comes with a 6 pin to moltex converter. Did yours not come with one?

my rosewill can with a 6 pin power coard but since i have pci-e i dont have to use it very surprized i thought all pcie cards were gonna need power but that was a wile ago and ive learned but im sure u should be able to plug in a 4 pin if not get an adapter no biggie
and u have a 4 pin so everything is gravy train

Really? My eVGA 6800 GT is powered by the 6-pin, not a molex
That's because yours is PCI-E and not AGP.

So with my everything else on it, would the video card still connect to the 4 pin connector? I just dont get why it says hard drive power dongle, wouldn't it be motherboard power dongle?
Dude, you're putting too much emphasis on the words 'power dongle'

It's just saying you need a regular 4pin molex connector, it's not some special type of crazy thing they are throwing at you that you don't have.

Hard drive, CD-ROM 'power dongle' is all the same crap.

Your card will need a 4pin molex connector to give it extra power....that's it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom