Ever accidently buy hardware on ebay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started using ebay myself. I have spend hours looking up various things I might want to buy. I started selling stuff too.

Like right now I got a celeron 667 wiht a mobo that doesn't work. So I start looking up new mobo's, well then I would need ram so I look that up. Soon I am almost spending $100+ on things I want. It sucks though because all the mobo's I look at require low density ram and man does that hurt the wallet.

Last week, I purchased a complete system that included 667 PIII (not the celeron), 256mb ram, Matrox G400 graphics, 48x CDROM, 20gb hard drive, etc for just $69. Buy something like that and mix parts. You can't buy the individual parts that cheap so buy complete systems.

i love ebay!! i buy and sell things all the time. the only bad experience i've had, is one time i won an OEM disc for Windows XP Home and the seller turned out to be a fraud and was stealing everybody's money. Ebay NOR paypal could get our money back, so i ended up losing $92.

I bought an OEM copy of 2000 pro (no activation!). The package included a 60mhz Pentium process with a label (piece of hardware required by MS for selling OEM software...)

That was about six months ago so I don't remember the price. It was cheap enough for me not to care. My choices for the small corporate network running Samba from Linux as a domain controller was XP pro or 2000 pro. 2000 was good enough for their needs.

Speaking OEM, anyone else getting spam from eastern Europe for dirt cheap software, e.g., http://baejbd.magnasoft.info/?foftxgz41zpgjwdf

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom