eVEGA nVidia 6800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex81388

Daemon Poster
Hey I just got my AGP card in. As from what a lot of people are saying, it is a decently overclockable card. If I am not adding any cooling the the card itself, but have 6 high speed 80mm fans, how fast can I push this baby and not have to worry about it?

Also, how do I change the settings on it?

im pretty sure that the nvidia drivers have an area where you can experiment with ocing... i mean my 9600xt does and my friends 5200 does and he has the latest drivers.. so update ur drivers and look around to where u can adjust the memory and core clocks... and as for ocing that paricular card... you could easily push it up to 6800 Ultra standards.. probably farther with the cooling you have.. AS LONGG as the airflow to your card isnt being restricted (too much pci crads)... so just make sure the pci slot next to your heatsink and cooler is free and ull be set :)

The latest Nvidia driver alread have overclock function, but they hide it. What u can do is :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIACORPORATION\Global\NVTweak~>create a DWORD[Coolbits]=[3]

After modify register, reboot your machine, and u can see clock frequencies on your driver.

or you click test and every time it responds it is fine but if it freezes stop and go down 2 or so

or everytime you oc it just run 3dmark for a while until u start seeing artifacts or get errors... thats the most reliable test u can put ur vid card thru after ocing it to test stability

Is there any other way besides editing registry that will acutally let me change the clock speeds?

ie - a Downloadable program..Or will it simply be in the driver set?

nope ive heard about it too the coolbits reg edit is the only way too have the ocing options show up in ur drivers... just export a copy of the registry before you make any changes so if you screw up you can just roll it back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom