ethernet problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MvD

Baseband Member
OK I've got ASUS P4PE motherboard, I know that it has onboard (well I think its on board) ethernet but the problem is that windows does not recognise my ethernet controller. Is there anyway program that will allow me identify what sort of controller is on PC? Btw, XP (SP1 is that matters) was't able to find any drivers and I don't have the ASUS driver CD.

thanks in advance!

That sounds like a problem that I had with my old computer when I fist tried to install Cable Internet (i havent had it for that long, hehe)

As for me, I had to go out and buy a completely new Network card, which fixed the problems?

I'd say follow that link LV38_Eagle gave ya. You're gonna need to find some drivers. Once you get the proper drivers, burn them on disk so that you always have them in the future. It's good practice.

Thanks guys, but seems that my problem is a bit different from what I first thought it was. the not functioning ethernet controller is on PCI bus 2 which as I understand makes it impossible to that specific controller a part of on-board networking! So my on-board Giagabit LAN should work! :) Although it woyuld still be ice to find what the hell is that controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom