Ethernet Drivers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanMnz

Solid State Member
I can not find what Ethernet adaptor came with a computer we have in the house, and we need the drivers for it to work. How do we go about getting the adaptor to work ?

EDIT: Just found this info in a booklet with the computer... Build't in 10BaseT/100BaseTX Ethernet LAN
VT8233 integrates Fast Ethernet MAC and VT6103 LAN PHY in compliance with IEEE802.3u 100Base-TX, 10BASE-T, and ANSI X3.263 TP-PMD standards

Now it says the Ethernet is connected, but for some reason the Router won't recognize it... I just can't figuare this one out, and it's an emergency.

I have online classes tonight, and it was all working earlier, :(

From info you've given, sounds like the ethernet card is integrated in the motherboard & that you have a VIA chipset.
If you can establish exactly what make & model the motherboard, you should be able to go to the manufacturers website & simply download the network card driver from there. It won't matter that you don't know the exact model of the card as there will only be one listed under that particular motherboard.

To find the make/model of motherboard, try looking in the documentation that came with the PC or look on the motherboard itself as info is normally printed on it.

Wow, thanks a lot SAMM, that really helps me a lot. I seriously thank you so, so, so much.

- This forum rules !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom