Espon 424 printer not showing up on network

Silverfox15987

Beta member
OK SO This is really STUPID...

I can't get the Epson 424 to install using it's PROPER Drivers, but if I install Epson 400 series drivers not ONLY does it finish the install but it will printer via Wi-Fi but when I try to install using the proper 424 drivers for the printer (Cus I like to know my ink levels) It can't find the darn thing on the network...

Here's the kicker... IT WORKED FINE about a week ago... I've had this printer for 6 months give or take a month. I've never had a problem...

Not only is it not working on this computer, but it's not working for my laptop either...

Steps I've taken.

1) Uninstalling drivers and re-installing (Failes to complete because it can't find printer on network.)
2) removed and re-set up the printer on the network (Cleared network settings and re-initialized them.)
3) attempted to install network settings via Temporary USB Connection, Failed to find printer. (Although it will print Via USB But not if I try to set up the network Via USB...

ONLY step I haven't tried is resetting the router because my landlord is currently midway through a film and I'd like to NOT anger him.

What the heck am I to do?

Try disabling your antivirus and firewall and then see if you can re-install the drivers/software/wireless. Some printers require that you install the drivers first before connecting the printer, and some require that you connect the printer wired and let the software configure the wireless for you. Do have the install manual for this printer and did you read through it?
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/...?UseCookie=yes&noteoid=279168&type=highlights

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom