errrrrrrrr...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Itzamna

Beta member
hi there...

i've a laptop Acer 1714SMi - p4 3.4ghz, 1024ram, gforce fx GO5700 128mb and so on, and till some days ago it runs great... runs everything without crashes and without losing performance... but somedays ago it starts to overheat and it gets very very slow.... lets say, i'm playing some game, and i play for 20 mn, and its very good... after that 20 mn the temp rises up a lot and my comp performance drops very much... can anybody tell me if this overheating and this low performance are connected? i've clean up my laptop, my 2 fans are working fine, the software its ok, and i dont know why is this happening... i dont know if it is some hardware failure or what... its very furstrating... i can only use my laptop for 20/30mn after that its slow motion... :angry:

btw, sorry for my bad english.. but english and portuguese are very different... :cool: :D ;)

whoa...we've got a english to portugese speaker out here...we gotta remeber that when ever we gotta translate portugese sites. Yes, that's a hardware problem. I think you're right, it is overheating (anyone wanna correct me). I dunno how to fix it though, it's a laptop.

Go through the same steps that you would for a desktop.

Check for adware/spyware.

Check for viruses.

Download HiJack This and post your log in the HijackThis Logs (analyze) forum.

Ok their's 2 things that usually cause this with laptops. People on this forum are really not laptop people.

#1: Processor is thorttling down due to overheating. Very common.

#2: A program such as AMD Cool and Quiet is running, which is used to conserve battery life by throttling down the processor.

trotter i dont have adware/spyware or virus. i usually check for that on regular basis. thanks anyway ;)

DJ-Chris... i dont have any program of that kind... that live us point #1... i think that is what is going on on my laptop, but Is there anyway to "thorttling up" my processor again... because it has been run smoothly till some days ago... or is that any sign that my processor is passing away? :(
thanks for the help. :D

Itzamna said:
DJ-Chris... i dont have any program of that kind... that live us point #1... i think that is what is going on on my laptop, but Is there anyway to "thorttling up" my processor again... because it has been run smoothly till some days ago... or is that any sign that my processor is passing away?

Don't say good bye yet. AMD's cool and quiet should be freeware and accessable at AMD's website. It's free and can be downloaded at any time.

ah... dj_chris... errr.. what is mobo??? don't forgett... portuguese here.. :D :p and if it is in BIOS or in that mobo how do i turn of? btw.... i have an intel pentium not AMD, is there anything similar to Cool and Quiet on intel pentium?

emeraldice.. i dont understaind... should i have or not have Cool and quiet running? if it is running it doesnt slow down my processor?

thanks for all the help! :)

Mobo is motherboard

Press del or f1 to enter the BIOS, their should be a feature called "AMD COOL AND QUIET" turn it off

Oh intel, look for something that has to do with power management. Sorry, i think everyone has AMD :p

thanks for all the help. i have to made an update to my bios to have access to have power management menu on my bios... i turn of that option and also i put four cd cases on the bottom of my laptop to get him higher and so he can get mor fresh air... it has been resulting.. he doesnt get hot so many times like before... :D but i'm afraid that this overheating sessions have harm my processor... i hope not, but.... :(
once again, thanks for all help.. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom