errrrmm...so...HARD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GameGURU

Fully Optimized
It is hard for me to think that i might want an x800 more than the 6800 GT or Ultra. Anyone who has these cards please reply on what you think about them, thanks.

Just like always, both cards are good but it depends which games will be optimized for which cards.. HL2 will be optimized for radeon so theres no way im going nvidia for now :p

FarCry is optimized for NVidia, so expect problems with the X800, but other than that, I have been very impressed. Thats considering I upgraded from a GeForce 4 MX Integrated card, though. X800 is faster, but the Nvidia 6800 includes Pixel Shader 3.0, which makes for sickeningly beautiful graphics in FarCry. If you don't play too many games that bear the Nvidia logo, though, ATI is definately the logical choice.

i have a 9800XT and it runs Far Cry beautifully on all very high settings. There is no frame counter that i could find but i bet its 50+ I have also had no issues with my card being ATI and not Nvidia so there probably wont' be any issues with the X800 either

They look excelent, but they lag occasionally. Most of the time I average about 40-50 FPS, I peak at about 70FPS. Sometimes I can get as low as 18FPS, though. It's not an X800 problem, its a game problem. There's supposed to be a patch comming out in early July to fix these compatibility problems with the X800. Also, you can't have the shadow settings on anything higher than medium becuase it will cause texture corruption. However, FarCry bears the NVidia logo and is optimized for NVidia's cards.

GameGURU, I downloaded the patch for FarCry and its unbelievable what difference it made in its compatibility with the X800. These are some bad-a** graphics, and I finally get what I paid for with the X800. I would definately say go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom