entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.

talldude123

Banned
i am doing a work experience job at Future Shop for school starting next monday, in the entertainment department (televisions, DVD players, etc.)

If anybody is confused on what Future Shop is, its a department store specializing in electronic stuff, and is owned by Best Buy.

Back on topic,
can anybody give me advice on what i should know about electronics? Or should i just use general knowledge if customers ask about stuff?

Know your inventory!!! Get familiar with screen sizes, resolutions, extra features.

And, for the love of everything holy, don't try to push everyone into the highest priced item like they do at Best Buy!

I agree, i dont want to push everybody into getting a Sony Plasma HDTV...

That's what annoys me about Best Buy, but im sure the managers tell the salespeople to pressure people into buying expensive stuff.

mainly just know exactly what ur talking about. i hate when i ask an advanced question and they answer something completely different than what i asked just to look like they know what theyre saying.

knowing the specifics and special features of products is very helpful

first day on the job, and unfortunately, entertainment is DVDs, CDs, and games.

I already had to help 5 customers out, and thats not really my job..

Like Trotter said, know your products! The people at these stores now a days are just embarrassing, they never know a thing :mad:

yes, i know that feeling!

I know alot of stuff from my first day, suprisingly, and i work again wednesday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom