End of life - AMD Athlon 64 3400+ & 3700+ Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
FYI, I got the following email from AMD Australia this morning :-

We have received notification that the AMD Athlon™ 64 3400 & 3700 processors in the 754 pin package will come to their end of life this quarter. To that end we expect to see these parts disappear from the channel during the July-September timeframe. These processors will still be available in the 939 pin package.

I just hope that we start seeing some more Lower-Mid Range Motherboards from the Manufacturers soon.

there isnt really any point to buying the 3400 or the 3700. Both the 3200 and the 3500 are incrediably capable CPUs. hell, the 3200 beats out the P4 3.6 and 3.8 on most gaming tests.

All AMD 130nm cores will be gone before 2006. This is pretty much because of Venice and its ability to handle higher clock speeds, so its no suprise.

AMD is also developing 65nm cores as of now, so yeah, 130nm are a dead cause now pretty much. Even Sempron has migrated to the 90nm process now.

charles_scott said:
But sempron cant support 64bit.... Or can it?
They can.

Unless there is a need, Sempron will never be avalable in Socket 939.

I will be going to the AMD Athlon 64 Bit - Microsoft Windows 64 Bit Launch on 26th April. If you have any questions that you would like me to ask the big wigs at AMD, PM me.

They can.

Unless there is a need, Sempron will never be avalable in Socket 939.

I will be going to the AMD Athlon 64 Bit - Microsoft Windows 64 Bit Launch on 26th April. If you have any questions that you would like me to ask the big wigs at AMD, PM me.
Ask them when Toledo is coming and how they're gonna cost. :D

I swear I've seen the AMD roadmap and they plan on having a couple Semprons on the 939 platform, could be wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom