eMachines T6410 processor core

Status
Not open for further replies.

verman84

Solid State Member
I am looking at buying the eMachines T6410 model computer (for my credit card's sake) but i was wondering what core processor it has in it. I called best buy, office depot, tried getting a hold of emachines and noone had an answer for me. I know it is an amd athlon 64 3200 processor but unsure of what sore to get, i would assume that it is either the newcastle or venice and from what i hear, venice is the way to go, thanks.

Good luck finding out.

I Googled it, and ended up with the eMachines' page for it, J&R's page for it, a pdf file, and a cNet article. None of these said what it was. In fact, they stats given varied from 2.0GHz to 2.2GHz, 3200 to 3400.

By comparing on NewEgg, I'd say that it is a socket 754 3200 Newcastle.

But, according to the pdf (http://www.cyberscholar.com/eMachines/doc/sell_sheet_6410.pdf) it has dual-channel memory. If it is correct, then it would probably be A Winchester, but there could be the possibility of a Venice in there.

If you get it, run Everest and let us know.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3942781

eMachines Desktop System w/ 15" LCD Display, 2.2 GHz AMD Athlon 64 3200+

$692.00

# Great value for the money
# 15" LCD flat panel monitor
# AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor (2.2 GHz)
# 512 MB DDR memory, expandable to 2 GB
# ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Graphics with 128 MB DDR shared video memory
# 100 GB (7200 RPM) hard disk drive
# DVD+/-RW, 16x multi-format double layer drive
# 8-in-1 media manager
# 56k fax/modem
# 10/100 Ethernet LAN
# 7 USB 2.0 ports
# 1 IEEE 1394 port
# Multi-function keyboard
# 2-button wheel mouse
# Pair of amplified stereo speakers

well, to be exact, the one i am looking for is from office depot, they had it on sale at best buy for same price but the sale ended.

The ons at office depot is 759.99 but with 300$ in rebates so a total of 459.99$ not bad considering i was looking at at least a grand if i built it myself. heres the specs

Emachines 17'' flat crt monitor
some assumably crappy 3in 1 combo printer
# AMD Athlon 64 3200+ processor (2.2 GHz)
# 512 MB DDR memory, expandable to 2 GB
# ATI Radeon Xpress 200 Graphics with 128 MB DDR shared video memory
# 160 GB (7200 RPM) hard disk drive
# DVD+/-RW, 16x multi-format double layer drive
# 8-in-1 media manager
# 56k fax/modem
# 10/100 Ethernet LAN
# 7 USB 2.0 ports
# 1 IEEE 1394 port
# Multi-function keyboard
# 2-button wheel mouse
# Pair of amplified stereo speakers

Alot easier and cheaper than building almost that exact same system and no having to set bios or install windows...thats comforting to me

Not to mention i plan on putting in another 512 of ram, nvidia geforce 6600gt, 500w power supply, brand new 80gb seagate HD. All in the new coolermaster wavemaster (silver) that i got for my xmas build which never happened. ALright well i think if i can get my hands on it while at best buy or office depot, i will try to run something to find out which core it is. Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom