Emachines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esse

In Runtime
Hellooooooooooooooooo!

A few years ago I purchased the Emachine 'Emonster'. It was "made" for gaming. It was 600mhz I think came with 64mb of ram. The computer was good for a few months - then it was all downhill from there. I had problem with just about everything. Finally 2 years later I took it out "Office Space" style :D .

Now - While the computer was running horribly looked up reviews and I heard many people have problems with emachines. Why do so many people have trouble with these computers? They have a good price. The specs look ok. My friend once told me the hardware just doesn't work well together. I just don't understand it. Although I will never buy a emachine again, could someone tell me why the computer seem to fail alot?

-Ike

I think they are just crap, period. I think they use the cheapest hardware to be the cheapest in the market. I had one as well, a celeron 1.7 Ghz, utter junk. Less than 6 months later, I had a comp custom built for me, even though some parts of my custom PC are generic, I know who built it and I know the warranties, and I know it's upgradable and not proprietary.

I dont think so they are failure, as yesterday a frind came to me with his emachine (was slower than p-1) after i configued it, and since yesterday I have received 11 mails telling me that its blistring fast (i wish i never configured it, hahaha, kiddin)

they, infact use some cheaper hardware, as from mobo manufacturers which I dont know myself ever exsisted (as opposed to other manufacturers, like SONY using Asus Mobo's in their machines).
so as if ur base (mobo) is cheap, u can expect cheap performance for sure.

keep in mind that they got bought out by gateway, so SOME of the problems of the past have been solved. the newer one's aren't so bad, but they're also a little more $ than they used to be.

I have a Emachines in my shop right now picked it up today 16 months old AMd 2400+ chip already fried.Good thermal past computer fairly clean.Thats a short life for a cpu chip. I just wonder if they get good deals on crap parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom