Emachine died,

Status
Not open for further replies.
well if you opened the case already and it was purchased from a dealer or from the net new or refurbished with a waranty,then you have voided it by opening the case,but don`t fret because I happen to have had alot of emachines (sorry to say I still have a few lying around here )lol,anyway they are very aggrevating motherboards,but mine were fine for surfing not for gaming and such,but if you added your other hdd to your system and it didnt work that doesn`t really mean it is bad,I had one that would not do anything on one motherboard but when I installed it in another it worked perfectly,I cannot explain that,because according to specs it should have worked in both,so did you try the bigfoot in the emachine?I would and some of those emachines for some reason require you to just go into setup and leave lol in order for the hdd to be recognized weird I know but they are their own breed lol,and as far as the other hdd not recognized in your pc I have also run into that,it seems that all hdd`s don`t work as you had them on 1 ide cable well only in certain setups that is,and I don`t think it would hurt if you just hooked up the one out of the other pc into yours alone to see if it will post.

I can't get to setup. I don't get any screen at all. I did try the bigfoot in the emachine and still nothing. I want to try the hard drive in our systemax but need to do it when wife is working or she will kill me if she catches my messing with it LOL. My old pionex has 98 on it and I don't think it will handle a 80 gig hard drive. I can try it just to see what happens I guess. I put a 17gig seagate in my old pionex and like you said most of the time I have to go into setup and re enter the user specs for it to reboot. It never did that with the bigfoots it came with but I have had 3 bigfoots go bad so I got the seagate. The thing works pretty decent now for a junk pionex. It is really pretty fast on the faster cable the town here has now. I think it is as fast as or newer systemax with XP on it. Tom W

1st, i wana say, dont ever buy emachines... they may be cheap, but u get what u paid for, they suck..

Although I don't have any help to offer on this problem, I would like to point out that I have an eMachines T2245. It's worked beautifully for at least a year and a half, and the only reason it crapped out was because of a stupid mistake I made while messing with it. I'd never had a single problem with it, and was even able to play Halo for PC on it, via all the default hardware and settings. I'm not trying to plug eMachines or anything, it's just that mine (and possibly only mine?) has been a very reliable machine, and well worth the money (for someone who couldn't build their own comp at the time), which was only around $400 or so.

Don't always knock something just because it's cheap.

Based on my experience with emachines, and not seeing it posted above...check the PSU. They are usually underpowered and crap out within a year or so.

Can I check the power supply with a volt meter? Or does it take more than that to test it. Tom W

If a hard disk is bad or you do not have one connected your computer should still run POST at bootup and show you that the hard disk was not detected. It might even give you an error message. Their problem is probably the power supply or motherboard and not the hard disk. connect the hard disk in another computer to test.

lmao - Sorry I just thougt I'd never hear "Smell your Motherboard" on the forums.

Well my friend had an emachine and I told him defragmenting would make his computer faster - and it made it worse.

Emachines are evil, try Helwett Packard or even *cough* dell *cough*.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom