editing equipment using my hitachi dvd cam

Status
Not open for further replies.

bob love

Beta member
can anyone help me to find a good editing software bundle.I wanted to use pinnacle studio 8 -9. But it requires a firewire connection which my hitachi 350e dvd cam does not have.It uses usb 2 connection. What can I do? I really like to pinnacle software is there any other on the market which uses video captured on a dvd digital cam. thank you.

bob:)

Your software should not dictate how you get the video into your PC. I suspect that the bundle you are talking about comes with a firewire card. Check the software manufacturers website. I'm sure that that the software can be configured to accept video from multiple inputs.
Remember also that USB 2.0 is slower than firewire. The 480Mb/sec transfer rate quoted for USB 2.0 is not the continuous transfer rate. It is the peak transfer rate. For large amounts of data, Firewire is actually faster even though the quoted transfer rate is 400Mb/sec.

-Target

thank you for your comments. The problem as a novice trying to understand the terms and configurations around the software is still a problem to me.The issue is that my cam corder came with a usb2 connection to my pc and thesoftware provided by hitachi picks this up. The problem at the moment is there is no firewire connection from the camcorder to work directly with pinnacle studio 8 as it keeps asking me to connect direct to the firewire before it would allow me to down load into it. so at the moment i have to make a file and then import this file to the pinnacle studio 8 editing software. This seems a long winded way of doing things.Any thoughts?

thank you for your comments. The problem as a novice trying to understand the terms and configurations around the software is still a problem to me.The issue is that my cam corder came with a usb2 connection to my pc and thesoftware provided by hitachi picks this up. The problem at the moment is there is no firewire connection from the camcorder to work directly with pinnacle studio 8 as it keeps asking me to connect direct to the firewire before it would allow me to down load into it. so at the moment i have to make a file and then import this file to the pinnacle studio 8 editing software. This seems a long winded way of doing things.Any thoughts?

Bob, I use Studio 7.1 and I just go to capture and it searches for any device attached to the computer. It doesn't matter if its Firewire or USB.

Try this:

Capture Hardware
Studio can capture analog and digital video from the following sources, depending on your hardware:

A DV or Digital8 camcorder connected to a Pinnacle Studio DV or other 1394 port

A camcorder or VCR connected to a Pinnacle Studio DC10plus or Pinnacle Studio AV

A camcorder or VCR connected to a Pinnacle USB Video Capture Cable or other DirectShow compatible video capture device.

A camcorder or VCR connected to a Pinnacle PCTV or other TV-Tuner PCI board

USB video cameras or webcams

To select the video capture device you wish to use:

1. Click the Settings button .
2. Select the Capture Source tab .

3. Select the capture device from the drop-down list and click OK .

The controls and options displayed in Capture mode vary depending on the capture hardware you select. If you are using a DV camcorder connected to a 1394 port, please refer to to the section headed DV Capture Options immediately below.

If you are using an analog device with either a composite video or S-Video input to your hardware, please refer to Non-DV Capture in this section.

BTW, this is all located in the help section.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom