ECS Motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erich

Beta member
Anyone have any good things to say about ECS motherboards? How about negative things? The reason why I'm asking is I see a few advertised at a few online hardware shops, and I'm thinking about upgrading a machine, and the ECS motherboards are cheap and seem to have lots of features.

Any experiences to share?

Also, I've posted a new article on my website. Check it out!

I Hate the New Star Wars

Spend some more and Do not buy ECS. get Asus / MSI / GigaByte / ABIT (any) they are quality manufacturers, as they all are competing hard in hardware manufacturing (stability and performance).

I love Asus, the best, next comes Abit, then Gigabyte, then MSI, then Chaintec and on down. IMO

Do not buy ECS.

I had one of those in my old P4. It used to spark all the time. I took the board out and there was never anything wrong with it. Used it for 2 years (while sparking) and it never failed... Eventually I just got fed up with it and bought a whole new rig.

The ECS is very cheap and has little to no features. The motherboard is THE most important part to your computer... So don't go cheap. Get something poweful and reliable.

agex000 said:

The motherboard is THE most important part to your computer... So don't go cheap. Get something poweful and reliable.
thats what I say always and to every one.

ABit is rock solid as of now, in recent years (when they newely started), they ordered transistors from some cheap manufacturer in order to keep motherboard manufacturing costs low. what happend is that, though they passed initial tests, but after some usage, their transistors started leaking, failing motheboard, this has efected their brand name too much, so later on japanese transistors were ordered. and now they have a reliable name.

as if you consider prices of mobo's (based on identical chipsets), price ranges from £125 - £85 (i'm from UK so using ££ symbol). where Asus is normally most expensive. so you can t say that 125 mobo is as same in quality as that with 85 tag.

so spend some extra, and get good Mobo, whre Asus is on top list in buying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom