ecs l7vmm won't boot up

Status
Not open for further replies.

dazma

Beta member
I'm working on an Emachine computer for a friend. The motherboard is an ECS L7VMM and it won't boot up. The BIOS screen won't come on, there is no POST beep. The power supply fan and the heat sink fan do come on. The indicator light on the mainboard does light up. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dazma

The only suggestion I can give you with this information is to make sure that the pc speaker is connected correctly.

List the complete system specs plz :)

Was any hardware added to the PC lately? NO
Was the board replaced? NO
If no...disconnect everything but the PSU, CPU, videocard, and 1 stick of ram and try to boot. Did that first, thats where I'm at now. :)

a. Bios chip is corrupt/bad -- Kinda what I was guessing
b. PSU is Bad -- The psu does come on just nothing boots up. Is this still a possibility?
c. Motherboard is bad -- Kinda what I was guessing.

Check for shorts.

Disasemble the PC completely and rebuild making sure that the mobo is properly fastened to the case (or tray) in the correct points. From that point on be sure the PC is grounded at every necessary point. Also try plugging it into another outlet. May sound crazy, but its worth a go.

If the bios was flashed incorrectly, that may be the problem. I've seen this happen with a bad bios update.

I'm leaning toward bad bios or mobo, because the computer was being used by someone that is not tech savvy, just a plain user, (they havent added anything or flashed bios) it was working fine for a year or so, then... one morning it wont start. A previous poster mentioned rebuild system, the system is an Emachine (yea, I know... but its not mine) with a 1600+ processor on the ECS mobo.

Any other suggestions, I'll prolly replace motherboard. The ECS can be bought for about 55 dollars.

Thanks all,
Daz

I have this problem also, if you unplug the power cord, plug it back in, and start up, sooner or later it will boot.

I'm having this problem too, next time it comes up, I'm going to do fail-safe defaults and test, if not, I don't know...

I contacted ECS and amdmb.com about this, hopefully there will be a reply.

Unfortunately I probably have the exact same eMachines (C1641) that your friend did :(

I have Emachines as well with the same problem. Turns out I have at least 9 bad capacitors on the mobo.

I have an Antec case for my server, which isn't utilizing the 350W PSU it came with.

If you swap out the 200W that comes with the eMachines, it works perfectly, I haven't had any abnormal startups for about 3 weeks now, I still have to test OC'ing it though

Not the only one

Same board here 5 bad Caps. Interesting how some factory revisions are the same like that. This Emachine would load the OS but wouldn't boot it. if anyone has found this board for a decent price like me know. There is one Faulted Cap that has probably cause the rest to leek. I Am going to test my luck and replace the bad ones. LOL By the looks of it i might have better luck this way then to find it on the net.

Craig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom