E-Machine will it work!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepsiboy700

Fully Optimized
Ok i got a e-machine model T2792 with 512mb of samsung ram and a celeron 2.7ghz cpu. I just put in 2 kingston value ram sticks at 512mb each totaling 1gb a radeon 9250 256mb video card pci and a p4 2.8ghz 533fsb maybe 800fsb in it. Will all this stuff work or will i f up the pc and if it doesnt work in it the right way what will happen?

well did everything fit? no cramming it to fit
only thing i might worry about would be the psu
may not be strong enough for that system

Well everything should work, but it's an emachinne and something probolly will fail after a while, most likely PSU

The memory - yes. Even if it is the wrong speed, it will work.

The graphics card - all depends on the slot, and the chipset (VIA doesn't get along with ATI).

The CPU - Download Advisor (http://belarc.com/free_download.html) and run it. Go to your motherboard's manufacturer's site and look up the specs for it. Look for the maximum FSB. The site will probably have a downloadable PDF or something.

The CPU should work as long as it is the same socket type. It just won't operate at full capacity if its FSB is greater than the board's.

No, you won't screw the eMachine with these parts, unless you do something stupid, like hot-swapping the memory, or not grounding yourself. My sig is an eMachine w2040 with my own modifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom