DVR Burners

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKasler

Baseband Member
Ok im getting a DVD Burner. I need to know which is the most common home video DVD format in the US i think the options are dvd+ and dvd- or something like that.

Additionally does anyone know what formar XBOX plays??

Thanks tons.

DVD- used to be a lot more compatible than DVD+. It still may be but probably not that much more. The older the set top player, the more likely that it will only play the DVD-. You'd have to test it.

Almost all the latest DVD burners out there are dual formats. If it's not, then it's an old one and I would pass on it.

Don't know about the X-box .

dont know about the x-box but i know that my ps2 would not play dvd+r's no matter how many times i tried, hope that kind of helps your decision

cany you copy one to one with dvd movies or do they have to be ripped to hard disk first, i'm asking this because i was told you cant as the movie dvd disks are dual layer

I use DVD X-Copy Platinum and what the program does is rip the dvd to a temporary file on my computer and then once it burns the dvd it gets rid of the temporary file. If you can find a copy of DVD X-Copy at a local store or somewhere on the internet than it is a very good program to use.

dvd

k first of all go get yourself a pioneer ao7 writer these are one of best then get yourself dvd shrink its the best one i know for ripping dvd to harddrive plus its free most dvd writers do copy + and - now hope that helps

I would look at the dual format DVD burners. That way, then you can choose the format that you want to burn, and buy one of the less expensive ones, and find out later what is compatible with your DVD player.

You can't just directly burn from a movie DVD, because like you said, dual-layer, and I haven't seen a DVD burner that we can buy that is dual layer. So, what happens is, the movie DVD's are 9.4 GB, compared to the 4.7 GB that we can burn at home.

I thought that x copy got shut down, so you'll end up having to pick up a couple of free programs, DVD decrypter and DVD shrink, that will do what you need. This link is a link to an article done on the Screensavers, and this is what I do at home to back up my DVD's.

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/darktips/story/0,24330,3605537,00.html

ps. I forgot to say that this will rip the movie to your hard drive, so you'll end up needing about 10 GB free on your hard drive.

This might be help ful

We found that between the -R and the +R disks we tested, the X-Box favoured the -R format and would be the disks every time 1st time. (This is more to do with media as almost all the +R disks currently are rebranded Riteks).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom