DVI to VGA: Performance Decrease?

Status
Not open for further replies.

will h4x 4 food

Daemon Poster
Would there be any performance difference If I used a VGA-DVI Converter rather than just buying a DVI cable? Also, if I used a single link DVI cable on a monitor that required a dual link, would it affect the performance in a 3dmark06 test?
Thanks

This thread reminds me that how come my monitor doesn't support DVI Cables? So do some monitors support DVI cables or not? I also have to use the converter.

Hello,

Would there be any performance difference If I used a VGA-DVI Converter rather than just buying a DVI cable? Also, if I used a single link DVI cable on a monitor that required a dual link, would it affect the performance in a 3dmark06 test?
Thanks

If your monitor supports a digital signal input via DVI, use it. DVI on a digital display will give you better image quality.

DVI is designed to be able to handle both analogue and digital signals for interoperability. So, using a VGA to DVI converter to connect a VGA cable from the display to the DVI port of the graphics card is the same as connecting a VGA cable to a VGA port. The signal will still be analogue.

What display do you have? Only high resolution displays take advantage of DVI (Dual Link).

This thread reminds me that how come my monitor doesn't support DVI Cables? So do some monitors support DVI cables or not? I also have to use the converter.

Only digital LCD TFT displays can take full advantage of DVI by allowing a digital signal input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom