DVI Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

aboynamedmatt

Baseband Member
I just got a new LCD Monitor and it only came with a VGA cable, should I get a DVI Cable or is there no real big difference between the two, also if I have VGA to DVI converters will it work just as well as an actual DVI cable or not?

well you could get an adapter for dvi to vga, they work just fine for plugging vga into dvi, but you can't convert the analog signal to digital. I don't really know what you're asking and I am sorry I was unable to totally answer your question.

I guess I'm asking if I use the DVI to VGA connectors it will work like a true DVI cable, but i guess not. So should I just get a DVI cable?

yeah. The adapter only converts the digital signal to analog which you won't have hdtv and stuff like that with it

Alright I guess I'll just get a DVI cable for it, but does anyone know a good place to get one for cheap, I looked at best buy and they are like 50 bucks...

try online. i haven't bought a dvi cable yet so i don't know. but i always buy stuff online because it is normally way cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom