DVD Writer Question!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dexter007

Beta member
Hey Everyone,

I am interested in getting a DVD Burner. Does anyone have any suggestions to which models. So far every store I look at suggest the LG GSA-4160 (16x Dual Layer) at around $75 canadian.

Also, For the folks that copy dvds in here. What format/media is the best for DVD Movies. (-R, +R, -RW, +RW) Most burners say the copy all 4 types.

1 more, I promise. What is the point of a Writer that is 16x, when the only blanks they sell are 4x and 8x.

LG GSA-4160 is the BEST!!! I know from so much experience.

Out of over 400 burns, EVERY disk was perfect. Not one problem.

I personally use DVD+R as it is slightly more advanced in the way that the disk operates, all though, visually, you will not see a difference between DVD+R and DVD-R.

DVD+RW or DVD-RW works fine too. I use them when I am testing the format of a video so that I don't have to waste a disk.

The LG GSA-4160 can burn 16x to be future proof.

The LG GSA-4160 has also been proven (and I have many sources to back this up) that it can read the most scratched up disks... More than any other drive on the market.

The LG GSA-4160 offers too much for the price... Especially with the ability to support DVD-RAM. I would recommend the LG GSA-4160 over anything.

You inserted a DVD into your standalone DVD player, and it got stuck.

What does that have to do with what I said? ROFLMAO.

EDIT: I can't stop laughing... That post made my day! ;)

dexter007 said:
Hey Everyone,

I am interested in getting a DVD Burner. Does anyone have any suggestions to which models. So far every store I look at suggest the LG GSA-4160 (16x Dual Layer) at around $75 canadian.

Also, For the folks that copy dvds in here. What format/media is the best for DVD Movies. (-R, +R, -RW, +RW) Most burners say the copy all 4 types.

1 more, I promise. What is the point of a Writer that is 16x, when the only blanks they sell are 4x and 8x.

i'd love to see a burner that will burn dual layer discs at 16x. i perfer either plextor or liteon drives.

i have the sony dvdr +/- its really great , got it for 60.99 if new egg. burns 800mb its 3 mins!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom