DVD Writer Burns disc's but doesn't read 'em

Status
Not open for further replies.

preet2u

Daemon Poster
Guys ... I just picked up an Iomega DVD+RW 4x2.4x12

I'm using Nero to burn .. It burns the disc perfectly without any kind of errors etc..

But then later when i try reading the data of the disc .. the content is listed ..but when i try opening a file .. it keeps on reading .doesn't open the file .
I even tried using it on my other DVD drive ..

N' when i used Isobuster to try n' extract the data .. it keeps givin' me .. "could not read from sector" errors

I tried using other apps to burn dvd's ..even then it's the same case .

Any idea ..'bout what's goin' on??
:confused:

with nero what type of compilation are you using?:

DVD-ROM (ISO)
Copy of a DVD
DVD-ROM (Boot)
DVD-ROM (UDF)
DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO)

and have you tested by burning only 3GB or less of data? i think some disc brands have trouble doing anything over 4 (suggested 3 to be safe). what media are you using? brand/ model

Tried DVD-ROM (ISO)/DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO)/DVD-Video .. ... Hell i even tried a DVD-Copy

Tried a few unbranded discs of diff makes .. n' a couple of Primedisc's
Finally got tired of makin' coaster's :mad:

The only thing i haven't tried is burnin' less than 3GB ..
I'm gonna try that n' keep ya posted

You need to format using Nero . Then reformat agian using Ahead INCD.Makes no sense.If you try and just format with Ahead INCD stuff wont burn to disk right.Ahead INCD should be on your disk also.Should be 4 things you Dl off it.

When ever you burn something pop the disk out and make sure it burned in.

What did you burn ? If it's a movie it should play.Reading whats on a cd-rw or a dvd burned disk isn't really neccesary,is it ?
If it's data then thats another story.

Deadguy : ...I really donno what ur tryin' to say .. Why would i format a DVD-R disc .. U only need to to format Rewritable discs

Stan : .. Tried all sorts of stuff .. as i mentioned in my post earlier .. videos, data everythin' possible ...
N' dude .. how is not neccesary for u to read the disc that's written .. :rolleyes:

ekÆsine .. I tried burnin' less than 3Gb too .. still didn't work ..
I concluded that it's a drive problem .. Think i'm right ??

i admire your effort preet2u. yes, i do think something is up with your burner. maybe if you tried a slower burning speed it would work, but that would be a waste of a new burner that can't write as fast as it claims.

maybe your comp is too slow to write the data and is corrupting it. . . .but i don't think so. i suggest exchange it for another brand. personally i would have exchanged it after the second coaster.

Id figure if you were having trouble burning yuoed be using RW instead of R disc youed have to throw away if you made a mistake on.

preet2u said:

Any chance that you can return that drive back and get yourself another brand? Becoz that drive is fuc%ed. I had the same drive and I as had nothing but pain with it. So excuse the following bits of language.

1. Media and Firmware Updates. The Drive is fussy on what brand media that you are using. I like using LASER Media. And I had to use a BETA version firmware update that is avalable from NASA Technologies website to be able to burn with Laser Media.
NASA is also the Australian Importer for LASER media and other products. Las time I checked, this fermware is still not on IOMEGA's website. But in the end, I can only burn ayt 2x Times, although Nero is saying 4x Times.
BTW, LASER MEDIA is very commen down there.

2. Fussiness on drive. My BenQ DVD does not want to read any thing Burnt from this Drive. How ever my Sony DVD, LiteOn DVD will read them.
But it gets stranger still, my PS2 (unMODed) will read the disks. And my Toshiba DVD player (which HATES EVERY OTHER BURNT DVD or VCD) will read the disks.

3. The IOMEGA drive is a rebadge NEC Drive. Now I know to avoid NEC DVDRW too. I found this in one of the many times (lost count) on updated the firmware.

Being able to do stuff on my PS2 and DVD Player is great, but in the end I have no time to fuc% around scraching my head gambling whether or not the DVD disk will read in other machines. (Let alone IOMEGA biased firmware update that will only allow you to burn on to selected media brands)

IN THE END.... if you still have the receipt and the oringal packaging, and it's in a re-sellable condition... RETURN THE DRIVE TO THE PLACE YOU GOT IT FROM AND GET YOUR MONEY BACK!

I am never touching another IOMEGA CD/DVD product again! :angry:

preet2u said:

I'm using Nero to burn .. It burns the disc perfectly without any kind of errors etc..

But then later when i try reading the data of the disc .. the content is listed ..but when i try opening a file .. it keeps on reading .doesn't open the file .
I even tried using it on my other DVD drive ..

N' when i used Isobuster to try n' extract the data .. it keeps givin' me .. "could not read from sector" errors

I tried using other apps to burn dvd's ..even then it's the same case .

Do you have a dvd-rw disk,one that can be formated and used again? You should have an option from Nero for incd.If it's not on the start menu,go to the folder.If you cant write and read this disk your drive is a bummer,take it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom