DVD viewing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

robster123

Beta member
Recently I have started to rent DVD's and watch them on my Laptop (Sony Vaio PCG-GRT915M) and have encountered viewing problems.
Viewing DVD's on my laptop is nothing new but recently I have had many DVD's that don't play.
After inserting a DVD there seems to be nothing happening albeit it seems to be endlessly reading but not actually showing anything. First I thought it was a problem with the DVD itself but tried others and all was OK. Then I thought it was Windows Media Player 10 so I tried other players including CyberLink PowerDVD 6, InterVideo WinDVD 6 and DivX Player but all to no avail. Its does not seem to be the player. I have seen the following error message as well;
DVD Auto-Resume
This DVD title's playback was interrupted before completion. Where would you like to start playback?
- Play DVD title from the beginning
- Resume Playback from the last scene
The problem remains whichever option I pick.
I bought my laptop in April 2004. It is running Windows XP Home edition with Service Pack 2. I have also downloaded Media Player 10 again but with no luck.
I bought my laptop in the UK but live in Brazil. Could there be some kind compatibility problem? It's worth noting here as well that it not a region issue as I use DVD region Killer. I also redowmloaded it! The strange thing is some DVD's play! They do however seem to be older film titles, although I have been able to play new film titles as well. Could it be something individual film studios are doing to combat piracy? Although I don't think it's this as well as a friend of my has almost the same laptop and uses the same software but with no problems.

Did you flash your DVD ROM player? Most players have a built in lock on how many region free or movies from another region will play before it locks itself to the the last region that played correctly. There are flashes on the net for almost every player that will turn them in to true Region Free Players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom