DVD Sound Problems - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2005, 06:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie
Default DVD Sound Problems

I installed a Sound Blaster Live 24 Bit Sound Card today and every thing's sounding great except when I play a DVD I get the normal sound but with static in the background. I've tried using 3 different players, 2 different drives and alternative settings but still the same problem. All other types of formats seem to play alright. MP3, MPG, AVI, WMV & ASF all play with great sound.
Anyone know how to fix this?

I'm not sure if this is relevent but when I installed the sound card I also installed a PCI video card too. A GeForce 4 MX-440. I used the Forceware 66.93 drivers. I am using this video card with my AGP 8x ATI Radeon 9600XT as a secondary video card to hook up my third monitor.

Thanks in advance for all your time.

Old 03-02-2005, 02:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
True Techie

First, did you use the audio cable from the DVD to the sound card.

Generally, if there is a problem with your driver, you get no sound at all.

You have three monitors?!?!

Old 03-03-2005, 05:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

LOL yeah 3 monitors what’s wrong with that?

I managed to fix the problem by using WinDVD 6 Platinum. I had to enable the 24 Bit sound option within the sound settings and now the sound works. I can't believe how good everything sounds now. However now I seem to have another problem. With PowerDVD I used to be able to just drag the video window to another monitor and then maximize it and watch it on my other monitor but now with WinDVD 6 Platinum it just won’t allow me to do so. Now when I drag the window to another screen the windows just goes black. No picture at all. You can still hear sound if you have a DVD playing but no picture. To get picture I have to watch it on my primary screen. Would anybody know how to fix this?
Closed Thread