DVD-RW drive won't recognize media

Status
Not open for further replies.

OKravetz

Beta member
I'm using an Optorite DD0405. It usally works fine burning Khypermedia CD-Rs and Fujifilm DVD-Rs. However, this time I tried to burn a TDX CD-RW, and and it won't recognize it. My Computer changes the drive from "DVD-RW Drive" to "CD Drive" when I insert a brand new, blank disk. When I try to open this, It says the action is invalid and the disk in inaccessible. This has also happened with a few DVD-Rs that i've borrowed from friends (don't know the media type). Oh, and the firmware is the latest version: 160E

Thanks.

P.S. : Win XP Pro, Nero 6.6 among others, anything i'm forgetting?

OKravetz said:
I'm using an Optorite DD0405. It usally works fine burning Khypermedia CD-Rs and Fujifilm DVD-Rs. However, this time I tried to burn a TDX CD-RW, and and it won't recognize it. My Computer changes the drive from "DVD-RW Drive" to "CD Drive" when I insert a brand new, blank disk. When I try to open this, It says the action is invalid and the disk in inaccessible. This has also happened with a few DVD-Rs that i've borrowed from friends (don't know the media type). Oh, and the firmware is the latest version: 160E

Thanks.

P.S. : Win XP Pro, Nero 6.6 among others, anything i'm forgetting?

Don't ever, ever use Optorite. they are nothing but problems. they have a history of being problematic

yes, i realize this now....but it's too late.
I figured out that while the drive doesn't recognize the media, Nero will stil burn the disk succesfully, and when you put the burned disk in, the drive will recognize it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom