DVD±RW/CD-RW Drive - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2005, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default DVD±RW/CD-RW Drive

Hi all

Ok this may seem a little picky but:

I'm after a DVD±RW/CD-RW Drive for my new gaming specific machine. Not so hard, however, the colour of it must be black! To match my new CoolerMaster stacker case. As a white one would look pretty out of place in it.

There is on exception to this, and i will use a white one if the front panel can be removed as i have already purchases a Coolermaster 5.25" Aluminium Front Bezel - Black seen here: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...ories_127.html

Price isnt an issue here ladies.

Thanks in advance

EDIT: Must be retail - not OEM

Old 01-26-2005, 06:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Go with a Plextor PX-716A. It comes in white, but with the optional black faceplate in the package. In all of the burners I have owned, this one is the best of the bunch. I have only had 2 coasters out of approximately 400 Burns. Even at that, it could have been the media. Also, I have used everything from the cheapest 'Wal-Mart' disks to Sony, and all burn great. For a good quality DVD or CD you should check out Ridata products for media.

Forgot to add that Newegg.com had the best prices on them right now. They are around $130 with a $30 rebate.
Closed Thread